Monday, November 15, 2010

The Big Sur Half Marathon

A great shot of me and the guys at the start!

Getting some goodies on the podium.

What a gorgeous race!  The event was run flawlessly (even the weather cooperated) and the events for the elite athletes were top-notch.  

The conditions leading up to my race were not exactly ideal: battling the flu, a knot in my IT band, falling on ice, and a twenty-miler on Monday.  But I certainly can't complain about the results:  I got second place overall!  

It was a lonely race, because the first girl ran a 1:09 and I was all by myself from mile 4 on!  I was a little disappointed with my time, but I just really didn't have any competition out there, so I let myself get comfortable for the last 4 miles.  I am mad at myself for not giving it my all, but second place with a 90% effort is not too shabby.  It was a great race before my marathon because now I am HUNGRY.  I have to put in a few more weeks worth of work and then I get to redeem myself at California International!  

A few articles from before and after the race:

JET SETTER: Ethiopian Gebre breaks course record with time of 1:09:43 - MontereyHerald.com

Big Sur Half Marathon Elite Field

Such a pretty place!

Goofing off before the awards.

Post race ice-bath in the bay.  It was outrageously cold!



No comments:

Post a Comment